10 Simple Psychological Tricks Work On Most People
Do you ever wish you were a mind reader and can control what people thought of you without talking aloud, or do you wish you could speak to people in a more memorable confident way thanks to the science of psychology. There are little things you can do to help control your relationships and even how people perceive you and you don’t need any magical powers to make it happen. Just good old fashion mind tricks.
1. Find Out If Someone Is Secretly Looking At You: picture this. You’re sitting in class and looking over your shoulder of the person sitting behind you, only to find that there looking out the window, but you could have sworn you felt them staring at you if you want to learn if someone has been looking at you try you on no, it’s not some secret code, but if someone is looking at you when you happen to you on. They will be able to help your themselves. This phenomenon is called contagious yawning. According to psychology today, scientists still haven’t managed to pinpoint exactly why people yawn when I see other people you want, but they do know that it happens to both humans and chimpanzees. Some guess it has to do with a humans ability to empathize with other people. But no matter what the real reason is when people see others yawning.
2. Defuse A Conflict With Food: have you ever felt Madeleine taking a bite out of a delicious burrito. Probably not, unless you ordered a burger. The point is, food is a great way to calm people down and diffuse uncomfortable situations.
Let’s say you’ve gotten into an argument with your significant other and you need to talk to each other and hash things out instead of going to your house or taking a walk in the park, pick a restaurant to go and eat in once you order food and have it in front of you, your focus will be split between the issue at hand, and the food you are about to eat. The food serves as a great distraction and can actually relieve tension essential start to care more about the food than what you’re talking about is a bonus. It’s good to settle conflicts in a place where there are other people around so that things don’t get too heated. There’s nothing more embarrassing than shouting at each other in the middle of a nice restaurant even if you’re on an awkward first date with someone and not fighting food can serve as a great icebreaker focusing on that chicken on your plate is way more comfortable than gazing into a stranger’s eyes all night.
3. Get Someone To Tell You More: They say that silence is golden. And when it comes to getting someone to spill the beans. It’s a winning ticket if you’re in a conversation with someone and are getting the deep well thought out answers you were hoping for. Try staying silent while I speak after you asked the person the question stop talking and let them answer when their silence. The other person is more likely to talk and fill the gap and will probably say more than they would if you were to interject.
4. Make Yourself Memorable In Job Interviews: do you get stressed out during job interviews. Perhaps you worried you won’t stand out enough to accompany interviewing tons of people a sure way to stand out from the crowd is to use the serial position effect. This is based on the idea that people tend remember the first and last parts of things. And not much of the middle. Imagine you’re trying to memorize a list of groceries in about 10 seconds, you’re likely to remember the first few and the last couple but not much of what was in the middle, you tend remember the beginnings and ends of facts. So next time you’re on a job interview. Be sure to insert your name and talk about yourself at the beginning and end, and if all else fails, you can always wear a weird hat. I can usually jog your memory. Just kidding. Don’t do that.
5. Form Stronger Bonds With People: to remember feeling close to your teammates back on the soccer baseball team in grade school this because being actively someone can help you form stronger bonds more quickly. So if you’re in a new relationship or starting a friendship with someone instead of going to the movies are out to eat, try doing an activity together. They can get your blood pumping. Perhaps rockclimbing or even an amusement park when you get your adrenaline going in blood pumping your body releases endorphins. This then put you in a better mood and makes you more enthusiastic about whatever you’re doing in this case, getting to know someone.
6. Control People’s Assumptions About You: First impressions are big deal with your meeting a new people at a party introducing yourself to your future boss. But there’s a way you can actually control the stranger’s first assumptions about you while you’re talking and getting to know each other trying to point out something you both having common, maybe you grew up in the same town or you both have the same alma mater. By doing this the person you’re speaking to the will base their assumptions off this commonality since it’s related to them. Their assumptions of you will be more positive. This is known as the halo effect. While this requires a bit of effort in the conversational skills department is a lot better than shouting like me,, like me at someone you just met.
7. Make Someone Feel Like They Are Important: There are a couple of ways to do this, be sure to use their name when you’re first speaking to them when you meet someone for the first time at a party or work event see their name right after the introduce yourself
Jill, nice to meet you
now continue to use their name as you carry on a conversation. This will make them feel like you engaged in a conversation with them and in turn will make them feel important. Another way to help someone feel like they’re special is by using the paraphrasing techniques while you’re speaking back to them. For example, if your friend tells you that she went shopping but the market was all out of the type of bread she was looking for repeat back wow they didn’t even carry that kind of bread paraphrasing what they just said back to them let’s them realize you’re really listening to what they’re saying.
8. Get Someone To Help You Do Something: sometimes you need to ask friends or family members for favor but these favors always fun, which makes their willingness to help you less likely say you need someone to feed your cat for a couple of days while you’re out of town instead of asking the person point blank if they can help pose a false dilemma see something like hey would be better for you to come over and feed Mr. whiskers in the early morning or evening the person will likely choose which overtime is easier and they never had the chance to say no I can’t .
9. Get People To Believe In You: If I said hey I think this next psychology trick is really effective. Would you believe me if I said this next psychology trick is really effective. Did you trust what I was saying more the second time will last because when you put I think at the beginning of a sentence he can come off as hesitant or unsure. Even if you aren’t sure of something that doesn’t mean you should question what you say. Be confident in yourself. From now on. Try leaving out the word. I think when you talk to your friends and family. We may take you more seriously and even make fun of you less due to this confident way of speaking.
10. Keep People’s Attention: If you ever notice that if you look down at your phone. You are hearing with the person talking to you is saying it’s a clear sign that you’re not listening for people to pay attention to what you’re saying keep direct eye contact with them while you’re talking you’ll see that your conversations will start becoming better and more engaging when you do this. Keeping eye contact with someone can actually convince the person you’re conversing with to believe what you’re saying. This gives you some dominance in the conversation. You can even not while you’re making certain points to further prove how confident you are and what you say.Don’t be surprised when you notice the other person nodding along with the nose. This technique may even help you change someone’s opinion about something.
so pretty cool eh! you know any other mind tricks to help you communicate with people better try out some of the tricks mentioned in the article. Let us know if they work if you found this article helpful. Don’t forget to give this article a like share it with your friends.